Denver Bicycle Law
Denver bicycle lawyers Brian Weiss and Jason Crawford became friends through bicycle riding.
Combined, we have represented more than sixty (60) injured bicycle riders. We have something to say about what happens to our fellow bike riders when they get hurt due to the carelessness of another.
Please call or email us for a free legal consultation. If we take your case, we work for you on a "contingency fee," basis - this means that you do not have to pay for the lawyer's fee until and unless you receive a settlement or judgment. The lawyer's fee is set as a percentage of that settlement or judgment. Our "Client Focused" fee agreement is unique and it can save you thousands of dollars.
We have over $5.5 million dollars combined verdicts and settlements in just the last three (3) years.
We are very proud of the results we have won for our satisfied bicycle accident clients.
Some of Brian's Bicycle Client Results
• My client, a 33 year old bicycle rider from Aurora, Colorado, was given a ticket by the police and found guilty at traffic court for pulling his bicycle in front of a car before he hired me as his attorney. In addition, the car driver's insurance demanded my client pay them back the $3000 that they paid to repair the damage to the car. I worked closely with the client and his medical providers and my client ended up with a $130,000 settlement from the same insurance company that wanted my client to pay them. This was quite a reversal from what the insurer wanted.
• My client, a 50 year old bicycle rider from Evergreen, Colorado was hit while riding his bicycle by a pickup truck that failed to stopped at a stop sign in Idaho Springs. We obtained the insurance policy limits of $50,000 from the pickup truck's insurance and then filed for arbitration against my client's underinsured motorist coverage. Shortly before the case went to arbitration, the underinsured motorist offered us a fair amount to resolve our claims.
• My client, a 35 year old competitive bike racer from Denver, hurt his knee and got some road rash when a car pulled out in front of him while riding down a hill in Golden, Colorado. We successfully obtained the car's liability limits of $100,000, and also made a claim for underinsured motorist benefits and received another $25,000.
Some of Jason's Bicycle Client Results
• Boulder county - vehicle turned in front of my client $50,000.00 settlement
• Durango - represented semi-pro cyclist injured when car hit him from behind in excess of $20,000
• Durango - represented cyclist injured when car swerved into him and knocked him down in excess of $30,000
Bike Road Rules
We live in a Country with a lot of rules. There are different rules for where you are or what you are doing like walking or riding a bicycle.
The purpose of this website is to explain the local rules for bikes in Denver and other places along the Front Range where folks ride bicycles.
Some of the rules for bicycles are the same as cars, but some are different. So this site may be of some help. However, the rules and who is at fault gets complicated in many situations, and you should consult with a lawyer who handles these types of cases. We hope this site is also helpful to point out the rules if you or someone you care about was given a ticket by the police, or to make you a safer bike rider.
We hope you find this information useful.
USA Bicycle Lawyers
If you want information about bicycle road rules that apply in Colorado, or other States, please check out bicycleattorney.com. Brian is on there for Colorado bicycle accident law and along with our bicycle attorney friends, like Mike Colbach Portland bicycle accident attorney in Oregon and the other guys have good bicycle law information about their States.